Wednesday, March 04, 2009

A Picture's Mate And A Rant

A few months ago I posted a pix of the Disney Showcase on Main Street during the time it was painted brown and yellow. I couldn't remember when it was but I now know, 1990. Here is a mate to that pix. It shows the Disney Showcase in all it's baby doo-doo brown (I recently re-read a book (David Koenig) that says painters on Main Street would sometime change a color as the individual thought it looked better, I wonder if this is one of those times). Next door is The Town Square Cafe, although it's time is nearly up. OK, now a rant! In a post here at Videblog in January 2007, I posted a pix of the "Return to OZ" unit in the Main Street Electrical Parade. This pix has shown up on numerous websites and blogs without a mention of who the pix belongs to. Unless otherwise noted all pics on this blog were taken by me. I know that I can't do anything about it now, but it just gets my undies in a bunch that some people take credit for something that they didn't do. If there is any argument to any pics that show up here I have the slide or negative to prove who the are owned by. I know that Disney owns all legal crap on their theme parks blah blah blah, but own up to the fact that the image was taken by someone and include that info.
I'm done now with my rant.
Thank you for listening.


Edit: I was able to get ahold of one website and he didn't know who the owner of the pic was. He was very apologetic and is putting the correct info on it! Yay!!!! I am regaining faith in humanity!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

There's not much to say when our culture is 'Wikipedia-ized'; most sites these days are of a copy-and-paste nature. Sorry to hear your content was used without permission.

Daveland said...

The watermark/logo on the photos help, but I've even had some schmucks physically remove that and then repost it. I feel your pain.

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

Interesting.... The same thing happens to me a lot, but since I'm scanning Disney paper stuff, I don't really feel like they are stealing, but some credit would be nice. I will admit to not always asking specific permission when I used others stuff, but I always try to credit the source.

I wonder what blogspot's take on it is? I'm thinking it's like amateur radio broadcasting (short-wave); everything we post, text, scans, photos, becomes free domain unless otherwise copy written.

On a side note, how do you add those cute little watermarks/logos to you scans? I've got Photoshop 7 and I'm a sub-amateur with it. THANKS!

Tim