Saturday, May 05, 2007

Splash Mountain Construction

With the 20th anniversery of the begining of the construction of Splash Mountian, I thought I'd post some construction pics.


This shot is of the Bear Country entrance is from April 1987. The trees had been cut down.Next is from April 1988. Here is the back of the Indian Trading Post (now the Briar Patch)
These pics were taken from the Mark Twain.

Closest to the Haunted Mansion....Splash Down!!!!!!


Chickapin hill and the drop......

The show building.......






3 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

Wow, this is a great series of photos! Just out of curiousity, how often did you go to Disneyland in those days?

Bearride - Raymond said...

Thanks MP.....
I went to the park about four times a year back then. I was living in Seattle and was in LA for business. Now I only live exactly 397 miles and 5 hours away

Major Pepperidge said...

I live a lot closer to Disneyland than that, but I go *maybe* once a year. Part of the reason is the ever-growing price of admission...I can afford it, but it makes me sad to shell out over $120 just to walk into the park with my girlfriend.